Dancing Shoes

This years’ Dance 1 show will be one to remember

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dancing Shoes

Rocklin High School’s annual Dance 1 Show is coming up and there is a lot to look forward to with dances choreographed not only by the Dance 1 and Aerobic Fitness teacher, Mrs. Blankenship, but also by the student directors.

“I like watching the Dance 1 show, because it’s a lot of people who are new to dance. It’s cool to see them come together at the end of the year after they have been learning to dance all year,” says future student director Erin Escover.

This years’ show will not include Dance 2 Partners, as this class was replaced with another Dance 1 class, due to various reasons.

Last years’ Dance 1 class had a surplus of students wishing to enroll, but many were not able to participate in this due to the lack of space.

This, partnered with the fact that from Dance 2 Partners, there is nowhere to move on to because it is mainly a hip hop class that will not teach the skills needed for advanced dance classes, resulted in the removal of the program.

However unfortunate it may be that this program had to come to an end, it allows for more sections of Dance 1.

“I’m just so happy because I love choreographing, and it’s been so great to see all the dancers get excited about the show,” says student director Selah Penny.

Every year, the Dance 1 show and the Advanced Dance Show switch times, with one show being in May and the other a couple months before.

The show will take place on the 28th, 29th and 30th of March all at 7:00 p.m with a matinee at 2:00 p.m on the 30th.

If you are looking for a fun and entertaining activity, this performance is one always filled with beautifully choreographed routines that showcase the dancers abilities, and the talent of the student directors.