Student Memorial

Rocklin High Remembers Christian Louis

Maria Hudson

When the time comes to grieve for a lost life it is never an easy feat. When it is a young life the struggle is all the more heartbreaking. Earlier this week Rocklin High School lost senior Christian Louis to suicide. The blow was devastating and has left students and staff in shock.

But no one is sitting still quite yet. As of now it is unknown what kind of service is going to be provided in honor of Christian.

RHS student Leila Fusenig, her mother (a co-worker of Christian’s father) and the other employees at Senior Sunrise Center banded together to create a GoFundMe page to raise money for the services the Louis family chooses to have for their son.

“It’s hard,” digital art teacher Ms. Tackett admitted, “You come into class… and you see where they sat.”

This is a very emotional time for the student and staff here at Rocklin High, as it is for the rest of the community. But as of now there is the funding page where people can donate to support Christian’s family so that he can be honored properly.

Of those who spoke of Christian, Mrs. Andrews drew everyone’s views together, claiming  “You think of any positive word and that was Christian.”

He was a brilliant, kind and talented young man with a great deal of potential and even more heart.