What Dance 4 Has In Store

Whitney and Rocklin collaborate in preparing amusing dance show

Allison Gerber

Rocklin High School and Whitney High School are doing a combined dance show, featuring both school’s dance 4 classes. There is a mixture of different genres, genders, ages, and dancing techniques that all come together to create one big show.

The show starts off with the two MC’s, Shiv Chitre of RHS and Casey Borghesi of WHS. They introduce the show, and entertain the audience with their funny antics in between the dances.

The 4wrd show will give you a whole new appreciation of dance, and there is something for everybody’s liking. Whether you enjoy watching flowing dresses float around to emotional music, hip hop dances to your favorite rap songs, or even contortionists flipping and twisting around the stage in creepy doll costumes, the variety of styles is extensive.

All of the dances emphasize different messages with clever use of choreography and music, which was well put together by both the dance teachers and students together.

A favorite would have to be the Rocklin-Whitney combo dance featuring all of the seniors dancing to “let it snow.” All of the seniors were wearing white clothing picked from their own closets, and goofily danced around the stage together.

Rocklin and Whitney both tried to focus on diversity in their dances throughout the show. They incorporated different types of dances and styles to fit all audiences and moods.

Ali Ardissone, Taylor Davidson, and Kayla Austefjord choreographed a dance to “Oh My God You Guys,” which was a favorite among several dancers.

“We had the most fun time doing it, I don’t even have to think about it, when I am on stage I just do it,” Ali Ardissone commented.

Arabella Martinez also remarked, “this was the first musical theater dance I had ever done, and before I was kind of scared to do musical theater because I’m not super out there, but i definitely broke out of my shell and it was probably one of the most fun dances i have ever done.”

Dancers also mentioned that both schools have been advancing as the years go by, the shows are getting better and all of the dances are coming together much more smoothly as the years go by, and this is one of the best dance shows yet.

The 4WRD dance show this year is a must see and will leave you wishing you had half the talent as these dancers do. Come to support your Rocklin and Whitney dance 4 classes for the last few shows  at Whitney High School on Friday at 7pm, and Saturday at 2pm and 7pm.