A New Age of Leadership

As Mr. Bills Furthers his Career in Yuba City, RHS Welcomes Ms. Jill Spears for the Remainder of the Year

It is common knowledge at RHS that our beloved principal, David Bills, has accepted a new position in the Yuba City Unified School District.  He is now the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, starting the week following January 9th, 2015.

With the departure of an old principal comes the introduction of a new one. Superintendent Roger Stock announces that Jill Spears will fill in as an intern principal for the remainder of the year. Ms. Spears has a past with the education system, recently serving as the El Camino High School principal for the past 7 years.

Ms. Spears is coincidentally the aunt of our known and loved Ryan Spears, a Social Science teacher at Rocklin High School.

“I love my aunt,” Mr. Spears said. Mr. Spears has a line of relatives that have been in the education field, mostly principals. He said the Spears family is “the royal family of Rocklin High; we’re like the Kennedys.”

Our school currently holds ranking #94 out of over 2,000 high schools around California. With this ranking, we are both proud and determined to live up to any expectations. The district will hold a nationwide search for our next principal to carry us through these upcoming years.

David Bills has been an exceptional principal and has done a great job with all past students here at Rocklin High School. He was clearly loved throughout campus, and will be dearly missed.

“In my opinion, I respect [Mr. Bills] more than many, many people I come across. He is a very genuine person and knew how to treat people with respect, treat people well, and always see the good in people,” Mr. Spears acknowledged. We wish him luck in his new position, which will bring him a new experience, but one thing is for sure…he will never forget his experience here at Rocklin High School.”