Audrey Trejo Never Misses a Chance to Dance

Audrey Trejo is a freshman on the JV dance team and lives to dance

Every time someone goes to an RHS football game during halftime they will see the pristine dance team come out and perform a fresh routine. With the crowd cheering and the music playing the dance team does have a lot of pressure on them to make sure everything is on point.

Audrey Trejo is a freshman on the JV dance team and every football game, rally and basketball game she gets to show what she has had a passion for since she was just 3 years old.

While only a freshman, she has done more routines for the RHS dance team than many dancers ever have.”Dance somehow became my life” she said “ever since I was 3 years old” her passion for dance is almost unbelievable as she has done it for three quarters of her life.

She started dance when she was 3 years old because it was something her mom aspired but she soon fell in love with the sport and now she “can’t imagine not being a dancer”

Her true passion shows through when she has to wake up at five thirty every morning for practice on the Rocklin High team in addition to her other dance lessons and teams she does individually.

Waking up early every day and getting home late every day are just some of the sacrifices she has to make. Having to go through practices that are several hours long makes it hard for her to keep up with anything else but she is perfectly happy doing what she loves all day every day.

“I love getting to perform in front of the crowd and show them what I can do” she said she loves getting to show off what she has been working for for 9 years of her life.

Those nine years of hard work certainly paid off she is one of the 4 freshman on the JV dance team.

For over half her life she has been working hard to improve her technique and has been trying to get as good as she can be and putting everything she has into dance so that instead of saying I did dance for nine years she can say she became a professional dancer and can get to be part of maybe a dance team that gets to be televised or for a professional football team.

Had it not been for her persisting mother Audrey might not even have found her true passion and maybe would not be where she is today

“I’m glad my mom made me get started so early” Audrey said she’s grateful she found something she loves and aspires to do bigger things with her talent than just a high school dancer.