ASTROWORLD comes to Sacramento

Rapper Travis Scott brings his talents to Golden One Center

Casey Miller

Ever since rapper Travis Scott announced that he would be bringing his “ASTROWORLD- WISH YOU WERE HERE” tour to Sacramento, the Rocklin High campus has been a buzz.

This famous rapper out of Texas has blown away the music community with his release of the album, “ASTROWORLD,” with hits like “SICKO MODE” “STARGAZING” and “YOSEMITE” finding their way to the top of the billboard top charts and remaining there for weeks.

On December 15, Scott will take his tour to Golden 1 Center in Sacramento. It has proved to be one of the most highly anticipated concerts this arena has seen, not just for Sacramento, but for the greater Sacramento area including Rocklin.

Sophomore Jordan Overboe is one of the many RHS students looking forward to this night in Astroworld.

“I am super excited. I have been listening to his album like every single day in my car and I am going to memorize every single line so that I can blast it out at the concert.”

Another sophomore, Haylee Christensen, said “I have been looking forward to this show for so long and I’m so excited that it is almost here. Travis Scott is definitely one of my favorite rappers so I’ve always wanted to see him perform live.”

Part of the hype is for the rest of the lineup for the night, which includes performances from Sheck Wes and Gunna. One hit from young rapper Sheck Wes, “Mo Bamba” has pleased listeners with its intense energy and many students are excited to hear it live.

Jordan says “Mo Bamba is gonna be insane. I’m gonna be hopping around on the dance floor.”

Recently, however, some disappointing news was given to all the fans attending this concert. Rapper Trippie Redd, one of the opening acts for Travis Scott, has left the Astroworld Tour. Trippie Redd cited production issues and interrupted set times as the reason for his departure.

This Saturday, Jordan, Haylee, and many other Rocklin High students will take a much anticipated trip to Astroworld.