Extra Week Off

Students are excited to unwind during their time off in February

Extra Week Off

Nikki Bhatia

Rocklin High students are just coming back from their winter break and are already in the mood for another. Thankfully, we have Presidents’ week to look forward to; the week of February 19th.  

Presidents’ week is placed perfectly between our two other major breaks: winter break and spring break. Students use this vacation as a time to relax and recover their energy before school starts again.

Sydney O’Rourke, an RHS senior, is getting a start on her college readiness. “I’m going to visit Boise State towards the end of break, so I’m really excited. Other than that, I’ll mostly be hanging out with my friends.”

Junior Avery Streater has other plans. He will be spending time with a special someone.

“I am excited to be able to spend time with the most amazing and beautiful girl in the world, Kristen Flowers.”

Renee Meade, another junior, is turning one year older over break.

“I’m going to Vegas for a volleyball tournament which coincidentally falls on my 17th birthday. I’m actually flying to Vegas ON my birthday, the 16th.”

Sophomore, Kayana Trimmer, and freshman, Robbie McLain have similar ways on spending their vacation time. Both plan on hanging out with friends, and relaxing before getting back to the hard work at school.

Mariah Wayne, junior, is one person that’s taking this break to a whole new level.

“I’m going to Costa Rica over Presidents’ week, it should be really really fun. I’m super excited to see the area and it’s my first time going to Costa Rica, so I can’t wait to go.”

It seems most students on campus are not only in need of another break, but are also taking advantage of the extended time off to have a good time and recharge.