Advanced Dance Show

Dance 2, 3, and 4 Perform for the Rocklin Community

The annual dance show happened this weekend. Four shows were offered to the public and students to come see the Rocklin Dance Program.

The four shows were Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7 pm with a Saturday matinee at 2 pm.

The show is located at Rocklin High Schools Katie Taylor Theater. Tickets are $7 with ASB and $10 without.

Dance 2, 3, and 4 are 3 out of the 4 dance classes offered at Rocklin High School. Dance 2 has three student directors including Emily Smith, Liz Lister, and Sydney Goodwin. Dance 3 also has three students directors, Gabby Lowell, Kaitlyn Baur, and Ally Wilhelm.

Besides the student directors, each dancer is in 4 dances plus the finale. The dances range from sad lyrical to upbeat hip hop and every category in between.

This year there is a tap duo including Gabby Lowell and Sophia Campagna and a boys hip hop duo. The hip hop duo includes the two boys from dance 4, Jordan Stromar and Isaiah Garcia.

Almost every dance is choreographed by students from each dance class. The dance teacher for these three classes, Mrs. Huber, choreographed only a few and let her students use their ideas to create the dance show.

Dance 2 and 3 have been working to perfect their dances since the beginning of the school year. Dance 4 has been working hard since January because their class has a mid year dance show that was their first priority to complete.