Star Studded Sadies

Sadies Week Arrives at Rocklin High School

Back to Article
Back to Article

Star Studded Sadies

Rocklin High School kicks off the month of April with what many students consider one of the most exciting weeks of the year, Sadies week. This year the theme is “Sadies in the Stars”.

Multiple exciting activities happen throughout the week of Sadies, one being the dress up days. Each class earns spirit points for dressing up and every day features a new theme.

For those who want to participate without wearing a costume to school, there is the option of wearing the Sadies week themed shirt. ASB will be selling the new navy tees at brunch, plus and lunch until Wednesday for just five dollars.

“I make the t-shirts for Sadies in T-shirt Production, a class I joined this year. It’s really cool to see the designs beforehand and the class is a lot of fun and super laid back,” said Senior Aleah Schotsal.

The Sadies proposal contest runs throughout the weeks before the big dance until Wednesday April 3rd on Instagram, and offers the winning couples prizes for the best proposal. Winners can score free tickets to the event, gift cards to Chipotle and Chick-Fil-A just by submitting their photos to @rhsasbpublicity on Instagram.

“The proposals are one of my favorite parts of Sadies because with a fun dance like this one people can be really funny and creative, it’s exciting to see what your friends come up with,” said Junior Kyla Gerald.

The dance itself takes place Friday at 8pm. With an exciting and creative theme, the dance is set to be a joyful event for everyone at Rocklin High School to enjoy with their friends and make lasting memories at.