The Flash

Crimson Tide Dies

Alabama's reign of terror ends

Back to Article
Back to Article

Crimson Tide Dies

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






In the fourth consecutive playoff meeting, the Clemson Tigers and the Alabama Crimson Tide faced each other Monday night in the 2019 College Football Playoff National Championship. Clemson came into the game as the underdog being ranked number two, with Alabama ranked at one. Alabama won the championship in 2018 and Clemson wanted the win.

The ESPN projection projected Alabama with a 52% chance of winning and Clemson with a 48% chance. Although Alabama was the favored team, the Tigers were not an easy team to beat.

Clemson ended the season with a record of 15-0. The last time a college football team had a record of 15-0 was in the 1800s. They are also the first team since the playoff started five seasons ago to get through a season undefeated.

In the first quarter of the game, Alabama’s quarterback,Tua Tagovailoa, threw an interception that Clemson ran back for a touchdown. This shocked the entire stadium as Clemson fans roared.

With Alabama missing a field goal kick, throwing two interceptions, and being stopped by Clemson’s defensive, at halftime Clemson led the Tide 31-16. The game was not over though as everyone expected Alabama to come back from the half put back together.

In the second half of the National Championship Alabama didn’t score once. The Tigers finished off the game with a huge win with a score of 44-16. It was a huge upset, as not only did Clemson win, but it was a beating.

Senior Daniel Roberts went to the game, located at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara. His mom went to Clemson and he’s grown up being a Tigers fan.

“The game was awesome, we had great seats, and it was awesome to see Clemson win over Alabama,” said Roberts.

Clemson had a great convincing victory over Alabama to end their season and bring home the championship win.

Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Navigate Left
  • Crimson Tide Dies

    Local News

    Missouri Governor Signs New Abortion Bill

  • Crimson Tide Dies

    Showcase

    Stress of the Last Two Weeks

  • Crimson Tide Dies

    Entertainment

    Five Feet Apart Review

  • Crimson Tide Dies

    RHS News

    Post Dance Show

  • Crimson Tide Dies

    RHS Stories

    Flying Into Senior Ball

  • Crimson Tide Dies

    Entertainment

    Cancel Culture Must be Cancelled

  • Crimson Tide Dies

    Entertainment

    The Killer Birds

  • Crimson Tide Dies

    Entertainment

    Pet Sematary Review

  • Crimson Tide Dies

    RHS News

    Rocklins Over the Top Attendance Standards

  • Crimson Tide Dies

    Entertainment

    Richest Movie Ever?

Navigate Right
Rocklin High School's Media
Crimson Tide Dies