Promtastic Preparations

Students are already starting to get everything ready for prom

Back to Article
Back to Article

Promtastic Preparations

Miranda DeVoulas

Junior Prom is over a month away at Rocklin High School, but students already seem to be scrambling to make plans for their special night out.  March 10th will be here quickly, and there are definitely preparations to be made.

One of the most important parts of getting ready for prom, however, is finding the perfect outfit to wear. Many students attending prom have begun the search for the perfect dress or tuxedo to wear, going from store to store to find a unique look.

“I have already been looking for dresses from stores all over, I don’t want to have other people in the same dress that I have,” said junior London Harper

Who’s sitting near who, who’s taking pictures together, who’s riding with who and who’s going together as dates are being set up. There are 

people grouping up for every arranged part of the night so for those trying to prepare early, now is the time to begin planning out who to spend your time with on the night of junior prom.

Also important for people looking to join a group is the transportation to the venue. While many students drive themselves, some opt towards carpooling, renting limousines, renting a party bus and Ubering. Splitting the cost of transportation is just another task people are checking off to get ready.

Probably the least exciting of all to plan for is the cost of the entire event. Although food is covered in the price of the ticket, things like photos, transportation and outfits can add up quick.  

“The party bus alone is gonna cost over a thousand dollars, everyone is splitting the price but it all adds up in the end,” said junior Hannah Brown.

There is still a lot to be done in the future to prepare for prom like purchasing the ticket and bids, but it seems that prom is already in the minds of many students at Rocklin and for good reason. There are countless things to do before the night of Prom, but no matter what it is set to be a special night for everyone in attendance.