Spanish Success

Students weigh in on the transition from Spanish 3 to Spanish 4 Honors

Rocklin High offers multiple levels of foreign language classes in both French and Spanish, and for the juniors and seniors taking Spanish, the transition from Spanish three to Spanish four honors was a major change. The change, however, was not entirely the one students expected.

Rumors (sprouted from students who were in last years’ Spanish four classes) were going around that the difficulty level of Spanish four honors was going to dramatically increase from last year to this year, however, Ms. Mary Jimenez was quick to shut them down.

Ms. Jimenez stated, “I wouldn’t say that the difficulty level is increasing by much. There is just a larger part of the curriculum dedicated to speaking Spanish, which some students tend to find a littler harder than, say, reading or writing.”

Renee Meade, junior, actually found the transition from Spanish three honors to Spanish four honors easy, and was thrilled to find that the rumors of the increased difficulty of the class were all false.

“I personally enjoy Spanish four honors more than I enjoyed Spanish three honors. Right now we are doing a project for The Day of the Dead, which is a lot more fun than the worksheets we used to do in Spanish three. It is definitely easier this year, and I am really happy that all those rumors about Spanish four being harder this year aren’t true,” said Renee.

Jake Cavanaugh, junior, agrees with Renee in that Spanish four is a relatively easy class, and the rumors sparked over the last year are entirely exaggerated and false.

“The transition from Spanish three to Spanish four honors was pleasant and done with little to no difficulty,” Jake said.

Moral of the story, don’t believe everything you hear. Spanish four students are pleased with the unexpected surprise of encountering a nice and easy final year of their foreign language.