Dance Showcase: Stunning, As Always

RHS’s annual Dance Showcase features amazing student dancers and is a wild success

Sam Michael

All is dark on stage, but the sound of shuffling shoes can be heard on the stage in the Katie Taylor Memorial Theater. Suddenly, the music starts up, the lights come on and the dancers begin to perform.

Rocklin High’s annual Dance Showcase is always a hit. Featuring Dance 1 and Dance 2 Partners, the show is about an hour and a half long, filled with good music and fantastic dancers. This is the first year that the Dance Showcase has come to life, as there used to be two separate dance shows, one for Dance 1 and one for the advanced dancers. This show truly shows how impressive the dance program at RHS is.

We start the show off with the Student Director Dance, featuring all of the student directors in the program. Choreographed by Mrs. Sarah Blankenship, as well as this year’s student directors, the dance was beautiful and fun, making for a great opening to a great show.

After this, the rest of the show are various performances all choreographed by student directors and students, except for “Send My Love”, which was choreographed by dance teacher Mrs. Blankenship.

All of these dances were fantastic, in every way. The lighting, the music, the dancing, the costumes; all of these were wonderful, showcasing how incredible the dance program is, and how hard everyone that contributed worked on this show.

The final song was the traditional Senior Dance, where the whole class of 2017 performs a dance on stage for the last time. This dance, choreographed by seniors Kylie Fujii and Parker Riker, was emotional for any seniors in the building, and any of the parents of these seniors. This was their last dance, their final time to shine on stage at Rocklin High, and they did beautifully. It was fun and showcased the happy-go-lucky nature of the senior class.
Overall, this year’s annual Dance Showcase really was something beautiful, and anyone that worked on it should be proud of what they accomplished. The show will continue to run on Friday, March 3 at 7 p.m. and Saturday March 4, with a matinee at 2 p.m. and the final show at 7 p.m.