Sports Briefs 2/8 – 2/11

JV DANCE AND CHEER

Last Week: Freshman cheer performed at the boys basketball game on Wed. 2/3 but not the one on Thurs. 2/4 due to sick  cheerleaders. JV cheer performed at the boys’ games on both Wed. 2/3 and Thurs. 2/4. JV dance performed at the Wed. home game.  

This Week: Freshman cheer performs at their last game on Thurs. 2/11. They are performing new stunts and a new routine. Most cheerleaders are preparing for stunt tryouts this week. JV dance has their last game for JV boys basketball on Thurs. 2/11.

They said it:  “This week for freshman cheer it’s going to be hard and all of us are going to have to really focus. We’re trying out a lot more stunts that we’ve haven’t done before and we’re going to try to make this our best performance yet due to it being our last game.”-London Harper

FRESHMAN GIRLS BASKETBALL
League Record: 0-7

Overall Record: 0-7

Last Week:  Lost to Del Oro 25-46 on Mon. 2/1; lost to Oak Ridge 35-55 on Tues. 2/2

This Week: Play @ Nevada Union on Tues. 2/9. Home against Folsom on Thurs 2/11.

Bright Spots: Kulveen stepped up to fill a spot and did a great job.

They said it: “The long ride [to Nevada Union] doesn’t bother me. I’m used to it.” Taylor James

JV GIRLS BASKETBALL

League Record: 2-7

Last Week: Lost to Del Oro 56-44 on Mon. 2/1. Lost to Granite Bay 47-39 on Thurs. 2/4.

This Week: Game at Nevada Union @ 5:30 on Tues. 2/9. Game at home vs. Folsom on Thurs. 2/11.

Bright Spots: Maya Mysore picks everyone up after a game by saying they played well even after a loss.

They said it: “It’s pretty disappointing and embarrassing after a loss. After every game we have pep talk. The coaches talk about what we do wrong and sometimes they’re mad but I know that if we tried our best and do everything for the game we feel good even if we lost. ” -Kelly Kim

JV BOYS BASKETBALL

League Record: 4-6

Overall Record: 14-9

Last Week: Beat Oak Ridge 62-55 on Wed. 2/3; Lost to Granite Bay 60-50 on Thurs. 2/4

This Week: They have their last game @ Nevada Union on Tues. 2/9

What’s New: In honor of the Super Bowl, Coach Sandoval sent a text out to his players saying that whoever could guess the combined total score of the game would get to make the starting line up for the next game. The special needs player Tyler Czapkay won and is ecstatic to make the lineup.

Varsity Boys Basketball

League Record: 1-9

Overall Record: 8-17

Last Week: Had a close loss to Oak Ridge 59-56 at home on Wed. 2/3. Lost to Granite Bay 72-36 on Fri. 2/5.

This Week: Play @ Nevada Union on Wed. 2/10 at 7 p.m. Host Folsom for Rocklin’s senior night  on Friday 2/12 at 7:30 p.m.

They Said it: “It was hard to see the team struggling and not being able to go into the game to help but we never gave up no matter how much we were losing by.” -Mike Nolan