Looking Back At It

Graduation is coming up, which means we are starting to plan our lives outside of high school. These students have already gotten their starts on the road to life, who have graduated in the past couple of years, and were well loved around campus. For all of us who ask ourselves, “where are the now?”, here are your answers.

Alexandra Abercrombie (A.K.A Alexandra Tyler) a graduate of the class of 2011, was a well loved, straight-A student at Rocklin High School. She is currently a very successful model for several well known companies and names such as Calvin Klein. “A model’s life is sometimes hectic and busy but also we spend a lot of time alone,” Alex told me.

Alex explains how she tries to make every day more successful than the last. “I’m proud of how far I’ve come but I do know that nothing is ever handed to me so I will continue to work hard. I’m excited about my future and doors that keep opening up! I hope I’m lucky enough to stay in my industry for many years to come. I have a lot of goals and a lot of years to achieve them and I hope to reach them all,” Alexandra told me.

Jackson Dennis, a graduate of 2014 , went straight to ASU after high school. Unfortunately, he later found out that the university wasn’t as good of a fit as he had hoped, and came back home. Now, Jackson is currently attending a junior college in San Diego and is passionately working towards his dream of playing Division 1 baseball. “The biggest thing I learned after I graduated is to really appreciate the people in your life, family and friends aren’t so easy to come by once you move out. Don’t take them for granted,” Jackson explained.

Andre Sandridge, a grad of 2015, spent his first semester out of high school at American River college, and decided to take the rest of the year off. He is still living in Rocklin, with aspirations to attend our very own Sierra College next year. During the week, Andre works and keeps up with his football talent, practicing every day of the week. Andre told me that when his friends return back to Rocklin to visit, “we always kick it like we used to.” In the future, Andre hopes to open his own line of gyms in California.

Hopefully, all of the students that Rocklin High School sends out will move forward on a positive pathway towards their aspirations. High School is almost over so it is time to start thinking about what  to do once this crazy rollercoaster of high school is finally over!