Filed under All Stories, News, RHS News

New Spears Finds Temporary Home

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Spears Finds Temporary Home

Serena Straub

Serena Straub

Serena Straub

Rocklin welcomes another Spears into its ranks, although not for very long. Ms. Jill Spears, Rocklin’s interim principal, will be with us for the rest of the spring semester.

“I have worked in education for many years. I have taught middle school and high school. Middle school was Social Studies and English, but in high school I taught mostly Government and Journalism. After that, I worked in administration for twelve years.” Spears said.

Because of her added experience as a principal at a school in Sacramento, she has a clear vision of what she hopes to contribute during her time at RHS.

“I have several goals for my time here. First, I want to help the staff transition. Especially in the spring, there’s a lot going on around campus from graduation to finalizing the master schedule for next year. Second, I want to help the staff clarify their position on the new leadership we will hire. I want to make sure that the transition for them is smooth. Next, I want to be sure that we continue hiring without a hitch. The school still needs to run even though we don’t have a permanent principal. Also, I want to be able to support the teachers to the best of my ability,” Spears said.

Spears knows what it takes to run a high school, and RHS is lucky to have her in this time of transition until a permanent principal is established.

“Finally, I want to help the school continue to move forward in this time of transition. I’m just thankful that the administration here was willing to trust me.” Spears said.

Spears is looking forward to spending time at RHS, especially because the Spears family has become somewhat of a dynasty at the school.

“We have always been close as a family and I have always heard stories about RHS–when you’re a teacher, your school is your life. [My family] all eat, drink, and breathe Rocklin Thunder. It has been great being able to see RHS from the inside. I haven’t been here long, but RHS is already a home for me because it’s their home.”

About the Writer