A Showcase of Stars

Today during second block various Visual and Performing Arts classes showcased their unique and individual talents for the RHS student body in the VAPA assembly. The performances show what the classes are all about and give students a chance to show off their talents outside of the classroom.

The assembly helps students recognize and appreciate the talent that Rocklin High portrays in many different forms including dance, choir, band and theatre.

The different acts introduced the VAPA classes and portrayed how they vary, which could convince students to pursue those classes the following year.

The performances ranged from choir singing “Somebody to Love” to seniors Max O’ROurke and Zach Diele performing an amusing skit representing the Theatre IV class.

The assembly was exceptional in various ways, from Dance III’s performance to Beyonce and ending with the cast of Beauty and the Beast singing “Be Our Guest,”.

The assembly introduced many unknown and fascinating talented artists and performers, taking many by surprise.

Some notable performances that drew a roar in the crowd included chamber choir singing “Somebody To Love”, Dance II partners performing a hip hop routine and the many diverse band numbers.

The slide shows portraying the artwork of digital art, advanced artists, photography and ceramics cast the otherwise unnoticed creations of talented and exceptional students.This allowed students to get representation and acknowledgement for their hard work.

Throughout the show the audience was in awe of how Rocklin excels in other elements of education besides core academics, AP classes and athletics.