Moving on Up

Sophomore Christian Agarpo spends his last summer in Rocklin before moving to Washington

We all know we’re going to have to say goodbye to Rocklin at one point in our lives, but most of us doubt it would be anytime before graduation.

Sophomore Christian Agarpo has the misfortune of leaving behind his friends and memories to move to Vancouver, Washington at the end of this summer, due to his father’s job relocation. Christian will now be attending one of the two following high schools in the fall: the Union Titans or the Camas Papermakers.

Agarpo, whose last move was to Rocklin in 2001, feels indifferent about relocating to Washington because he will experience a lot of new things but will also pay the price of leaving behind his lifelong friends in Rocklin.

“I don’t really want to leave because Rocklin is all I know and I’ve never really been anywhere else,” says Christian.

For anybody it would be hard to leave behind the life they have created in their hometown, but considering the circumstances of Christian’s situation, it’s even harder because he will be transitioning into his junior year at a new school.

“It’s in the middle of high school, so it’ll probably be harder to find friends and what to do up there,” says Christian.

Although Christian is nervous about moving to a different state, he is looking forward to being in a new environment. He also plans on visiting Rocklin multiple times throughout the first years of the move.

“I’m looking forward to seeing how the atmosphere changes compared to here, the weather and the town,” says Christian.

After high school, Christian will most likely attend college in Washington, such as University of Washington or Washington State University.

Seems like the saying “all good things must come to an end” is true after all.