Are ASB shirts worth the saved money?

ASB leaves some students dissatisfied with RHS shirts

Are+ASB+shirts+worth+the+saved+money%3F+

ASB is in charge of running school activities and instilling pride throughout the whole campus. But here’s something not to be proud of, the lack of effort put into ASB’s T-shirt making for Rocklin High.

For the most part, the ASB shirt making process has helped the school. In the first year ASB started printing shirts, rather than purchasing them from an outside vendor. The result school wide saved groups a total of 28,000 dollars.

“The upside of printing shirts is the school is saving a bunch of money, and the downside is sometimes the shirts don’t turn out very well,” Mr. John Thompson said.

Shirts that are sold school wide to students don’t get checked by Thompson before they are sold; he leaves that job to his printing committee. In addition, an anonymous committee representative admitted to spending more time on certain shirts than on others.

For something that is uniting us as a school, the WE ARE ROCKLIN shirts could have at least been centered. A member of the T-shirt making committee in ASB, explains the cause of mediocre shirts.

“There were over a thousand orders for the shirts. Our workers were printing endlessly, which does contribute to some off-centeredness.”

As for shirts made specifically for clubs, Thompson said that club advisers who aren’t satisfied with their shirts can send them back to be reprinted for no cost.

Call me a shirt skeptic, but I’m not the only dissatisfied one. A recent survey shows that most students agree with me claiming they’re “too expensive,” “cheap quality,” and “way crooked.”

“I am very critical when it comes to design and I feel that Rocklin shirts lately are cheap and sloppily designed. Not much effort was put into something supposed to be representing our school,” a surveyor said.

For such an esteemed group on campus, ASB seems to have fallen short this year in their production of shirts. But at the end of the day, we are saving the school money. And ASB is willing to work with anyone who is a dissatisfied customer.