Sweet home Alabama

New student Abby Nash joins volleyball to start her new life in Rocklin

Moving to a different state at any age can be a scary and stressful experience. Not knowing what to expect or if the people will be friendly, also missing everyone from your hometown.

Abby Nash is a freshman at Rocklin High who just moved here over the summer from Alabama. She was brought here because her dad got a new job. She was nervous but excited to see what California would bring to her.

Right when she got to Rocklin she got involved in the summer programs for volleyball, she instantly had a connection with some of the girls and her talent and passion for volleyball really began to show through.

Back home she had played for her school and for club so she knew that she would want to continue playing. She was excited to find out she had made the team and knew it would be a fun season.

She said “going to a brand new high school is scary but it was a lot easier knowing I had all my volleyball friends to help me out.” The friendships people make on the court or field are much different than ones made else where because you always know they have your back on and off the court.

Abby is currently playing outside hitter for the freshman team at Rocklin, she said she enjoys playing outside because “the thrill and adrenaline you get when you get a kill is unreal and the excitement from all your teammates is an indescribable feeling.”

She has learned from volleyball to never give up and do the best she can for her and her team. When she watches the varsity girls play she hopes to play at that level someday and continue her love for the game. After the freshman team season ends she will most likely play for a club team.

Moving states is never easy but when you have something to do that you love it becomes less of a struggle for Abby volleyball is her outlet for stress and has brought her many great friendships and memories.