Spending a Night with Upperclassmen

Freshman and sophomores get an early look at junior prom

Spending a Night with Upperclassmen

Nikki Bhatia

With prom night being just around the corner, the junior class is excitedly preparing themselves for a night they won’t forget. Getting dresses, coming up with clever promposals, making plans with your group – it’s all a part of the enjoyable experience. Along with the juniors, some freshman and sophomores are joining in on the fun as well.

Leila Fusenig, a sophomore, is very excited about the upcoming night. Leila has a mix of emotions, ranging from anticipation to nervousness about how people are going to react to so many sophomores attending junior prom.

“I’m very excited. A lot of my sophomore friends are going, which is surprising. I feel like some juniors may be upset that a lot of sophomores are going to their prom, but I’m going to try to have fun in my own way while trying not to interfere with the fun of their prom night,” she states.

Since prom is originally supposed to be for only juniors, some juniors aren’t really OK with any underclassmen going. Noah Reynolds believes “prom should just be for upperclassmen, it’s an upperclassmen thing.”

Junior Jasmine Beck has differing opinions. “I couldn’t care less to be honest, it doesn’t affect me in any way, shape or form.”

Ben Spiess, also a sophomore, has been asked by his junior girlfriend to attend her prom.

“I feel comfortable, I don’t really have any nerves. I’m just going to try and have some fun. I have about four or five junior friends, but there aren’t any of my sophomore friends going that I know of.”

Though many of the underclassmen going to prom include sophomores, there are a few freshman that are added into the mix. Tatum DeZorzi has been invited to prom, and she can’t wait for the night.

“Most of my friends are juniors, so I’m not nervous, just excited.”

A comment that many of the underclassmen shared was that prom is a really expensive night, so they were a little iffy about spending so much money on the whole deal since it wasn’t really their own prom.

“Prom is a really expensive treat, so my parents weren’t too happy with spending so much money on it, since it isn’t really my prom” added Leila.

Overall, through nerves, stress and impatient excitement, these underclassmen are very excited about their early experience at junior prom.