Dynamic Duo

RHS students elect new ASB President and Vice President

Dynamic+Duo

Last Weeks Sadies Celebration culminated with the announcement of ASB leadership for 2015-2016 school year. Announced at the sadies dance, Luke Zianno and Chad Medd claimed the spots for ASB president and vice president respectively.

Luke Zianno, a current Junior and Publicity committee member in ASB, has gained extensive leadership experience through a three year membership in ASB and his roles in other clubs on campus.

“I thought I have good leadership roles, and I’m really in love with rocklin high; my main purpose in running for ASB president was to make other students aware of RHS’s greatness,” said Luke.

Chad Medd, also a Junior in the production sector of ASB, was awarded the Spot of ASB vice president. He plans to mediate between the entire ASB population and cabinet.

“I’ve just gotta throw in a few jokes, make the council feel good about what they’re doing, and help them through whatever it is that they’re working on,” Chad said.

Both Luke and Chad plan to continue the current leadership style of the 2014-2015 President/VP combo.

“Trevor [Bohatch] is a great president, I hope to emulate a lot of things he does. He leads the program very well,” said Luke.

The duo plans to focus on bringing student awareness to the great things that go on around campus, whether it be in classes, clubs or sports, and in ASB.

“My vision, one word: recognition. I want everyone to feel like they have a place at Rocklin High School,” Said Chad.

“ I see ourselves perfecting our greatness at Rocklin High. We’re a great school, but we can always do better,” said Luke.