RHS Alum Returns as Staff

Students often come back to Rocklin High School after graduation, but usually just to see old teachers and catch up. Most don’t, however, come back to work here.

Alicia Sciscio is a 2007 alumni who has come back to work as a secretary in the office. She previously worked at Victory High School and just moved over to work here at RHS.

“It’s definitely been kind of an awkward transition to having to have some of my former teachers now be co workers and call them on a first name basis. Also, being in places that you weren’t supposed to be in as a student has been cool,” Sciscio said.

Most would agree on this fact that working with their teachers would get very weird quickly. The people who used to give you assignments and tests are now your coworkers and friends, making for an interesting experience. Sciscio, however, thinks that, overall, it’s a very pleasant transition.

Having school spirit is something Rocklin does best, whether it’s a rally, dress up days, or dances. Sciscio thinks that this is a great part of this school and that it’s fun to be back in such a spirited place. This is her favorite part about RHS and most people would agree with her.

While Rocklin has kept up on being very spirited, with new students comes a different time of Rocklin’s history. Test scores are constantly going up, the school has made many changes, and the dance team is no longer known as the “Drill Team.”

Mostly, though, Rocklin has stayed the same for Sciscio. While she’s happy to be back, she said that, “My time at Victory is something I would never change. I was able to form a connection with students, and see them grow on a day to day basis.”