Sports Updates 9/15 – 9/19

Dance Team

Last week: The Rocklin Dance Team bonded with the Whitney  Dance Team as they practiced for Friday’s joint Quarry Bowl performance. The two teams also bonded over dinner together.

Last weekend: The Rocklin Dance Team participated in Relay for Life and walked a total of 14-20 miles to help raise awareness for cancer.

Week ahead: The Rocklin Dance Team will perform on Friday at the Sac High vs Rocklin High home football game.

Cross Country

Last week: Capital Christian High School won the meet with a total of 334 points. Following closely were Center with 297 and McClatchy High with 292.

Week ahead: First SFL meet at Folsom High School on Wednesday, September 17

Key People: Coaches Dan Pereira and Chris Knorzer; Captain Lisa Adriani

Freshman Girls Volleyball

Last week: The team took 3rd place in a Carmichael tournament over the weekend. RHS was the last public school there and lost to Saint Mary’s in the third game 11-15.

Week ahead: Games on Wednesday @ Christian Brothers and game on Thursday @ Woodcreek.

Overall Record: 4-1

JV Girls Volleyball

Overall Record: 5-0

Varsity Girls Volleyball

Last week: The team took 2nd place in a San Luis Obispo tournament. They also went on a team boat ride and toured CSU Cal Poly SLO.

Overall Record: 4-2

Promising Newcomer: Freshman Abby Marjama

Season Goals: Win league and make it to sections

JV Cheer

Last Week: Cheered at all three Quarry Bowl games

This Week: Cheer’s first home game in the SFL is this Friday. The opposing team, Sac High, is new to the league.

Quote of the Week: “The quarry bowl was really weird  for JV because we cheered for the freshman game, the JV game, and half of the varsity game. Half way through we had to change into our longsleeve uniforms and it was crazy in the locker room. Everyone was running around and had makeup all over them. It was really funny.” -Maddie Grossman

Freshman Football

Last week: Lost to Whitney 47-0

Week ahead: Game against Sacramento High on Friday, 9/19

Players’ reactions: “Losing the game really let us down so we are all pretty sluggish this week. Hopefully we get more motivated so we can do better this season. ” -Jacob Monks, 9

JV Football

Last week: Beat Whitney 35-6 last Friday at the Quarry Bowl

Week ahead:JV has their second home game against Sac High this Friday

Friday’s game: “ Two years ago in Junior League, we got in a big fight with them. This is the first time we’re playing against them since then.” – Blayden Brown, Freshman playing on JV

Quarry Bowl pregame thoughts:

“I’m planning on saying a prayer before the game, and making that a tradition” Evan Michelet

“Whitney is just an across town friendly rival, Del Oro is the real rivalry.” Brandon D’arpa

Varsity Football

Last week: Rocklin beats Whitney in the annual Quarry Bowl with a final score of 62-14

Week ahead: Second home game of the season against Sac High at 7:30 Friday night.

Quote of the week: “Game day means pay day. All of the team’s hard work is rewarded at the end of the week.” Rafael Rodrigues

A few Quarry Bowl stats:

oAverage attendance: 6,100

oNumber of years played: 5

oRocklin’s Record: 4 wins 1 loss

oPoints scored: RHS – 124 (average 31)

oPoints given up: RHS – 74 (average per game 18.5)