Did you hear the ROARing news?

Mountain Lion spotting at Rocklin High School Campus

The town of Rocklin seldom gets animals around the area rather than the bugs and occasional rodents.  But today a bigger mammal has set foot in our suburbia’s, passing by just 400 yards away from campus.  This big guy is a mountain lion! It is unknown so far of how this giant got so close to home. they usually reside in colder atmospheres such as hills and mountains.  According to students it has been going around suburbia’s at least since last night.

ml

“It is a pretty rare occurrence in Rocklin, I was happy to get some wildlife in Rocklin. I was happy the school was informing the students and parents about the siting, ” Mark Hubrig senior.

From the poll of sixth period Journalism II/III we asked how the class felt about the lions appearance.  Fifteen students were excited that a mountain lion had come so close to the school and the rest of the class simply felt indifferent which accounted for four students. No need to be worried about this animal though.  Granted you should never integrate a wild animal but if you do happen to come across one that is threatening have fun jumping up and down screaming.  Let’s put it this way, act like a senior on rally day and the lion will leave you alone.

Check out what your peers are saying about the mountain lion sighting at school! https://storify.com/rocklinhsflash/mountain-lion-sighting-at-rhs